[I'm totally copying my sister's post she did that was like this]
My name is Jimmy Hales and this is my blog O' fun :)
8 Things I am Passionate About (in no particular order):
- Religious Belief
- I'm a Mormon
|This was on the side of the road somewhere in the Australian bush. I think this is near Wagga Wagga.|
- I blog and have a YouTube channel. Yeah.
- China (The people of)
- I served my LDS mission in Melbourne, Australia. I was called Mandarin speaking. It was then I fell in love with the Chinese people.
|Here I am with some coworkers at my internship here in China. Everyday Friday we have a theme and take a picture. This week's theme was Zebra.|
|My sister Jolie and me at the starting line of the Salt Lake City Marathon 2013.|
- Helping Others
- "Say three words!" (said to someone at the most random moment)
- "You have five seconds to answer: How many trees on on the earth?"
- "I know a funny joke, but you need to start it." Knock knock. "Who's there?" (laughter)
- "Good. Freakin. Crap."
- After somebody says "Guess what?" I quickly, and honestly, try to guess what they're about to say.
- "Close your eyes!" (then I'll ask: What color is the ceiling? What color are my shoes? etc.)
- "Who's your least favorite roommate?" (I ask this for the reaction of course. I always cut them off before they answer, though some people are much quicker than me.)
- "Would you rather leave a trail of slime wherever you go or always emit a horrible stench?"
- Kelly Clarkson - Cry (link)
- I swear Kelly Clarkson is a closeted lesbian Mormon. Why? Her songs are so perfectly interpreted as being from my point of view (though I'm not a lesbian.) In this song she says, "If anyone asks, I'll tell them we both just moved on...If anyone asks, I'll tell them we just grew apart..." While it wasn't about any individual people were constantly asking me about, them asking me whether there was a significant other or not really caused this song to speak to me.
- Clay Aiken - Solitaire (link)
- The song that taught me that I love singing. I heard Clay sing this live and was completely blown away. If I could have any male singing voice it would be his. Female voice... Kelly Clarkson.
- Bjork - All Is Full Of Love (link)
- I have a really artistic side to me. I'll listen to "weird music" or occasionally enjoy a work of art done by Yoko Ono. I fell in love with Bjork in high school and have been a crazy fan ever since. I listened to this song in high school during my parents divorce and what not. It's a very powerful song really speaks to me emotionally. Best listened to on a big sound system with good bass.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir - O Magnum
- This song isn't released on any album. Since my dad is in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, this song ended up on one of his practice CDs that he used as he prepared for tour. It is simply amazing.
- Kelly Clarkson - Sober (link)
- I'm not sure what it is about this song, but it's a song I never skip when it comes on. It's calm for most of it then builds up, at the end Kelly shreds the last verse with a powerful belting voice. It talks about the aftermath of broken relationship (or difficult life event).
- The Beatles - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (link)
- This song is perfect. Whether it's about LSD or not, who cares. John Lennon's lyrics are perfectly weird, and the synth you hear throughout goes along perfectly with the psychadelic mood the lyric brings.
- Clay Aiken - Lover All Alone (link)
- If I ever had a theme song, this is it. A hauntingly beautiful song about a lover being alone, wanting to share their love, but not being able to. Clay wrote this song, and it's clearly about him being gay, despite it being released a few years before he came out. In fact, back in high school I fell in love with this song. It tells my story perfectly and I'm mad that I didn't write it.
- Radwimps - 救世主 (link)
- Radwimps is my favorite band. They're from Japan and are incredibly talented. I love the singer's voice and how he's never off pitch (I watched them live). The lyrics to this song are beautiful, though I had to find them in English to know it. The title of the song means "Messiah", and is a sort of prayer of praise. It's mostly calm, but has a big finish.
- Share a stage with David Archuleta for a number.
- Go to a Kelly Clarkson concert.
- Become a confident music producer.
- Settle down and not be afraid of being lonely.
- Fund my sister Jolie's films.
Here is a film my sister wrote and directed. It's one of my favs!
- Ride on a Segway Human Transporter
- EVERY time I've had an opportunity to ride on one I found out just after the opportunity is passed.
- In the wild, witness a fierce animal take down, kill, and eat another animal.
- Have a body of a god.
- As humans, we really don't know a lot.
- I'm way more dramatic late at night, so some conversations need to wait until the morning.
- I have a thing for Asians.
- I'm gay.
- I put on a very convincing front when I'm feeling down.
- I can't gain weight.
- God wants to help me in certain ways, but I need to ask first.
- I don't like ice cream.
- I cannot, for the life of me, juggle.
- When I was 5 years old, I sat on Santa's lap and asked for an umbrella and a garbage can.
- I've broken my arm, dislocated my shoulder, had stitches on my forehead and chin, and had surgery on my shoulder and both of my knees.
- I don't put milk in my cereal.
- My major was initially Biology, but is now Computer Science.
- I sleep with a fan because I like the soothing noise it makes.
- I was born in Kansas City, Kansas.
- I wear socks to bed.
- North Korea
- I don't want to go there now, but I hope to see the day where I will be able to go there safely.
- I've always had a thing for Japan. I want to go there so bad!!!
- The holy land.
- North Dakota
- I cannot think of a lamer place to visit, so I want to go there.
- Disneyland Shanghai
- It doesn't exsist yet, but it will in a couple years!
- It's a huge mystery to me, so I want to learn about it.
- Africa & South America
- Then I'll have gone to all continents except for Antarctica
- Salt Flats
- I grew up in Utah, but I've never been to the salt flats.
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Real recording studio
- I need to graduate first.
- Close friends
- To graduate from BYU
- To make a difference
- Monster Energy (they don't have them here in China. All they have is non-corbonated Red Bull)
- A beach house
- A guitar or piano
- I'm in China and am so far away from my creative music side that I'm kinda going a little crazy.
8 Things I Hate
- The word "Smelly"
- When people don't look where they're going and walk into me.
- Ford Taurus, Dodge Neon, Ford Focus, Buicks
- Sore throats
- Scratching felt
- I don't mind scratching chalk boards at all, but the felty material found on the seats in our mini van growing up... the thought of scratching them makes me cringe.
8 Of My Most Favorite Movies
- What Lies Beneath
- Three Idiots
- Hot Rod
- Paranormal Activity: Tokyo Night
- Cinderella Man
- The Bourne Series
This post took me a long time to complete, so I'm glad it's done.
My time in China is going by too fast!!! Ugh!! When I'm back in the states I'm excited to hit the books one last time for a few months and then never again!
Life is great, and I want a massage.